[pmwiki-users] Upload problem with big files

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jul 1 22:14:28 CDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 24, 2005 at 10:47:53AM -0300, dip / Box wrote:
> I'm having an upload problem: some bigger files are not uploaded
> and I have no idea of what the problem is. When the upload fails,
> it just gives me an error message "%filename% : no file uploaded".
> Uploads using FTP work fine, so storage space on the server is
> not the problem.

The limit of upload file size is controlled by a number of factors:
   1. PmWiki's $UploadMaxSize variable, or per-ext sizes
   2. The LimitRequestBody directive for Apache 2.0 servers (often
      set to something small like 512K)
   3. PHP's upload_max_filesize setting, generally defaults to 2 megabytes.
   4. PHP's post_max_size setting, generally defaults to 6 megabytes.

The maximum size for uploading a file is the *smallest* of the above
values.  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/UploadsAdmin may contain
more details (see the sections on "Restricting uploaded file types and
sizes" and "Other file size limits").