[pmwiki-users] umask'ing wiki.d

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Mon Jan 31 09:31:16 CST 2005

> Yours is a somewhat special case, since you apparently have root
> privileges.  In the general case a wiki administrator will want
> to use 007, because they'll want the files to end up with 660
> permissions if they're to have any hope of removing or
> manipulating the files in wiki.d.  :-)
Ah, I see. Yes, I suppose being able to manipulate the files is a bonus :) My
server currently is sitting about a foot away from me, and I'm writing this
email on it now, so root privs are pretty much a given. (soon to change, when
I buy a network card tomorrow, the new server will be about two feet away,
and I won't be writing emails on it :)

> For example, here's how things are set up on pmwiki.org when
> umask is set to 007:
It makes sense in a more multi-user environment than mine. It may be worth
putting the umask into the default setup, as it seems that apache (at least a
mostly standard Debian installed apache) runs with 000 as it's mask, which is
a bit suboptimal.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D