[Pmwiki-users] Preventing "comment spam"

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Jan 31 09:11:50 CST 2005

At 2005-01-31  08:55 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>The point is that almost any desired policy can be obtained via judicious
>settings of $UnapprovedLinkFmt and $UrlLinkFmt.

But in the interest (and for the well-being) of those of us admins whose
eyes glaze over at the first "$" sign, could this please be done by
switches in config.php?

I am not suggesting that every possible variant be included, but:
1) no "rel" stuff at all (pre beta 20 mode)
2) "rel" stuff on unapproved links, no "rel" stuff on approved links
3) "rel" stuff on all links - for the truly paranoid

should cover 99% of users.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/