[Pmwiki-users] Preventing "comment spam"

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Mon Jan 31 06:08:47 CST 2005

At 2005-01-31  11:20 AM +0000, Hans is rumored to have said:
>With the new beta 20 giving url links by default a rel='nofollow'
>attribute I am trying to understand the above.
>Point 1 and 3 is clear to me, but pint 2 and 4 not at all.

In my case, points 1 to 4 are not clear!

I had hoped that the rel='nofollow' attribute would be switchable via
config.php such that:

1) by default it is turned off - the current behavior, does not break
existing sites (by break, I mean does not change the behavior that authors
are used to)

2) can be turned on for wikis where URL approval is not required

3) if the URL approval script is installed, becomes a bit of a moot point,
and so is turned off

Or do I misunderstand this completely?

Neil

Neil Herber