[pmwiki-users] Request for ideas -- edit page improvements

John Herbert john at kelcroft.com.hk
Sun Jan 30 19:42:15 CST 2005

hi,

>However, now may be a good time to revisit the edit page design and
>come up with a more robust system.  In order to do that it would be
>very helpful for me to have the various proposals and ideas collected
>within a single thread or page -- thus this message.

my 2 cents:

1) would support an improved simpler interface, I like the FCK editor idea.
2) personally I use a lot of tables, better table support.
3) full featured spellcheck (more like frontpage, etc.).
4) In viewing mode, I have 'ondoubleclick' which invokes editing which is
great. However, whilst in edit mode an accidental doubleclick calls edit
mode wiping out the previous work. A simple config for double click for any
skin would be appreciated.
5) I like the gemini two skin edit mode, tiny header, no left (or right)
navigation. Cleaner outlook
6) regarding renaming reset button - doesnt matter I know what is does
7) prefer to see this 'discussion' on a wiki page.
8) symbols support improved (use a lot of symbols) as item 1 above.
9) Save and re-edit - I'd vote for that.

cheers,
John Herbert