[pmwiki-users] Re: upgrade - certain links not functioning

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun Jan 30 06:30:36 CST 2005

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005, karl harris wrote:

> On Saturday 29 January 2005 03:53 am, karl harris wrote:
> > I have put a copy of pmwiki 2 in a different directory on my web server to
> > test it.  I have found that certain links to existing files do not work.  I
> > can't seem to find in the documentation what is causing these links to not
> > work.  I have provided two links (old and new versions of pmwiki) to show
> > the problem I am referring to.  I would appreciate any feedback or ideas
> > anyone might have.
>
> I found that when I changed the original filename from IN.I94-x10 to
> IN.I94-X10 then the link in PmWiki 2 worked.  I can write a script to rename
> all of the files that fall into this category but then the older PmWiki will
> not work.  Any ideas on how to get the new PmWiki to recognize the link to
> the existing file?

I've had the same problem with links to pages like 'Christian-v40' and
told Patrick about it. My temporary hack was to create a soft link in the
wiki.d/ directory as follows:

	Christian-V40		->	Christian-v40

but it's very annoying and I'd really prefer to be able to use
'Christian-v40'. There were some other reasons for why Patrick was
thinking about this though, but I think he's working on it. Patrick?

/Christian