[pmwiki-users] Re: Page name pattern

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Jan 28 09:32:25 CST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> > Hmm.. I wanted to add the actual regexp to some wiki page, but I didn't
> > want to add it to
> > 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicVariables
> > what do you think of creating a page for a more advanced discussion of
> > variables? Would a name like 'BasicVariablesAdvanced' be stupid? Or
> > perhaps 'BasicVariablesInDepth'?
>
> It should probably go in the cookbook; that's one of the things the
> cookbook is designed for (i.e., discussions/guides of how to change PmWiki's
> configuration or use PmWiki to achieve various effects).  A link
> can then be made from the BasicVariables page to the appropriate
> Cookbook page.

Well, I didn't exactly want to change it, just add some more detailed
documentation. Would you still want that kind of stuff as a cookbook page?
(I can easily see how the page would start to get comments about how you
can modify the variables so from that point of view it makes sense.)

Would Cookbook/BasicVariables be a suitable name then?

/C