[pmwiki-users] how can I trigger PmWiki with a cron job?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Jan 27 22:58:16 CST 2005

At 2005-01-27  04:30 PM -0900, Chris Lott is rumored to have said:
>You might take a look at Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/), which gives
>you a real shell and all kinds of crunchy Unix-like command-line
>goodness. Indispensable with Windows...

Mmmmm... Crunchy Unix-like goodness ... Sounds like more fiber for my diet!

I have looked at Cygwin a few times but have always decided against it (not
sure why). I suppose if I wanted more crunch, I should bite the bullet and
switch the server to Unix, but that is not an option currently.

As it turns out, I was able to find another solution. Under Windoze (other
OS flavors too), you can run PHP scripts from the command line. All I need
to do is create a batch job with the appropriate arguments and trigger it
with the Win2K Task Scheduler. It is a pain to set a repeat rate shorter
than a day, but it can be done if you are willing to push enough "Advanced"
buttons.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/