[pmwiki-users] search robot indexing

Hans Bracker design at flutesong.net
Wed Jan 26 09:04:03 CST 2005

Wednesday, January 26, 2005, 2:54:16 PM, Neil wrote:
> Note that neither of these methods does anything to deflect spammers and
> vandals. They just give you control over how your site is indexed by the
> good guys.

I was reading on this  page http://chongqed.org/prevent_spam.html
this:

Another important reason to hide your kept pages from search
engine robots is that spammers use search engines to find
spammable wikis. And they do this by entering spammy URLs
as the search term. The idea is simple and effective: if there
is a page out there that contains spam, then it could contain
even more spam, so I better find it. You can read more about
this here.

and it got me thinking. I suppose the search-bots do not index the
page history of pmwiki pages, and will ignore deleted pages in wiki.d
folder. So pmwiki is perhaps safer than other wikis, in this respect,
as in others.

Best,
~Hans