[pmwiki-users] search robot indexing

Hans Bracker design at flutesong.net
Wed Jan 26 08:29:16 CST 2005

Hi,

I am wondering what the best practise is to set up pmwiki regards to
search robots, for an installation which should be indexed, but in a
safe way and avoiding exploits from wiki spammers.

I found a bit of info in Cookbook-v1/MetaTag.
i suppose it is to prevent search-bots from indexing edit and history
pages. Is the following relevant for pmwiki 2?

Added to local.php or group.php (i.e. local/config.php in v2)
  if($action and $action!='browse')
     $robots="noindex,nofollow";
  else
     $robots="index,follow";
  array_push($HTMLTitleFmt,"<META CONTENT=\"$robots\" NAME=\"robots\">");

I wonder too if there could be a page in the cookbook about
PreventingWikiSpamming ? There seem to be various approaches, and
nothing explaining the differences or a preferred route.

thanks
 Hans