[pmwiki-users] Re: Clean URIs and conflicts with other uses of $ScriptUrl

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Jan 25 07:08:53 CST 2005

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 chr at home.se wrote:

I found another problem concering regular PmWiki-stuff and clean URIs.

> My pages are accessed through something like:
>
>   http://mydomain.se/Main/HomePage
>
> using these settings:
>
>   $URI0 = "http://mydomain.se";
>   $ScriptUrl      = "$URI0";
>   $PubDirUrl      = "$URI0/wiki/pub";
>   $UploadUrlFmt   = "$URI0/wiki/uploads";

When I use the search page the resulting URI looks as follows:

	http://mydomain.se/?n=Main%2FSearchWiki&q=TCM

which doesn't work since that URI isn't redirected.

This is essentially the same problem as from when using the publish
button.

>  http://mydomain.se/?pagename=Main.Page&action=publish&include=include
>
> I guess this is really a conflict between using clean URIs and
> publish.php, but how should we resolve it?  Should every script be made
> aware of $EnablePathInfo?
>
> AFAICT, we need a method to generate page URIs for normal use which is
> invoked by publish.php in this case. Then we might need a separate method
> for cases when you don't actually have page name? (I.e., we need to "call"
> the script directly).

I would of course like a solution for using clean URIs that allow me have
page addresses such as

	http://mydomain.se/Main/HomePage

but maybe this is not possible?

/Christian