[pmwiki-users] Limit Google Duplicates of PMWiki Documentation Results?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 24 11:53:42 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 09:13:16AM -0800, Menachem Shapiro wrote:

> While googling for some PmWiki solutions, I found that a lot of the
> sites that are running PmWiki have the PmWiki.DocumentationIndex
> indexed by Google. This creates a lot of duplicate results in the
> search engine.
>
> Would it be beneficial to have future versions of PmWiki turn off
> Search Engine Indexing for the PmWiki Documentation by default?

PmWiki does this already, and has done so since 0.6.beta3 (Feb 2004).
So, anything that's left must be pre-0.6 versions of PmWiki, or the
site administrator has overridden the default configuration somehow.

Were any of the DocumentationIndex pages in the Google search
coming from versions of PmWiki after 0.6.0?