[Pmwiki-users] Idea for extension of special list syntax

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jan 21 07:45:20 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 20, 2005 at 04:53:42PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Btw, I should mention a drawback with using the indentation style I
> suggested.  If you first write something like this:
>
> 	* An item
> 	* Another item with a long text
> 	  that continues on another line
>
> and then decides that the second item needs to be a second level item, you
> might end up with:
>
> 	* An item
> 	** Another item with a long text
> 	  that continues on another line
>
> Note that there is only two spaces in "  that continues...", which means
> that it isn't aligned with "Another..." and therefore wouldn't be
> interpreted as a continuation of the item. In my mind this is not such a
> big deal though...  (see the post I'm just going to write though about
> 'Problem with code markup')

Um ... I'm all for semantic whitespace in this case but not to the
extent that python or fortran requires that items align. I think that
*any* amount of leading whitespace, whether the text aligns with the
previous line or not should signify a continuation of the previous line.

my $cents = 2;

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff