[Pmwiki-users] Include bug or feature

chr@home.se chr
Fri Jan 21 07:17:17 CST 2005

Hi

While trying to understand how (:include:) works by looking at the code I
noticed that you can't include stuff from the same page that you have the
directive. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

See http://www.pmwiki.com/wiki/Test/IncludeFromSelfPage for an
illustration.

On one hand I see how you want to avoid recursive includes, but OTOH it
might sometimes be useful to be able to include a paragraph several times
that you for convenience defined on the same page.

Here's a very constructed example...

	Let's illustrate showing text using various attributes:
	First in green:
	-> %green%(:include {$Name}#a#b:)
	Then in red:
	-> %red%(:include {$Name}#a#b:)

	%comment% [=
	[[#a]]Some random text that is used in the illustration.[[#b]]
	=]

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr