[Pmwiki-users] Idea for extension of special list syntax

chr@home.se chr
Fri Jan 21 05:05:19 CST 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005, Neil Herber wrote:

> >I don't understand your suggestion of using a right margin though...
> But, if what you *really* want is to control where the line breaks occur,
> then your second example seems to be the best way to do it to me.

No... I don't want to control the line breaks manually (I'm happy with
using '\\' for that). It's when I *don't* want to control the line breaks
that I'd like to be able to write a long list item like this.

> Your third example reminds me of some horrors I have seen in
> word-processing programs where users have built tables using spaces
> rather than tabs or table-tools.  ;-)

I know :-)  It does however have the advantage of making the source look
"pretty". In addition, it avoids an ambiguity when you have a long item
and you can't tell if there is a line break or not. I added an example of
this problem as snippet 2... would you mind looking (again:-) to see if
the page still makes sense?

> http://www.pmwiki.com/wiki/Test/SyntaxForLongListItems as well as here.

/Christian

--