[Pmwiki-users] Re: Upgrade issuse: Some wiki pages no longer accessibl

chr@home.se chr
Wed Jan 19 16:25:36 CST 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I'm trying to come up with a good flexible way to make the change
> available without breaking a lot of existing sites.  Plus I'm
> having to decide what the default should be (and why).  It's just
> gonna take me a few days to do that.

For now I'd be happy with a hack that I can add to my site that simply
allows me to access my old pages... it would be perfectly fine if the link

	[[some-page]]	goes to the page Some-page, while
	[[some-Page]]	goes to the page Some-Page

that I can live with and handle just by changing link texts. My problem is
that if [[some-page]] refers to Some-Page, I'll never be able to refer to
my already existing Some-page.

To change the topic slightly and discuss what the default behaviour shold
be, maybe you could fill us in on the background on why we have this
mechanism.

I take it page names are transformed according som rule so that for
instance

	[[Some page over there]]	-> SomePageOverThere

will refer to a page called 'SomePageOverThere'. This sounds reasonable
for many cases of course, and also means that

	[[Some Page Over There]]	-> SomePageOverThere

is actually equivalent.

Then we have this transformation (I suspect)

	[[real-time links]]		-> Real-TimeLinks

What other rules are there currently?

Is it correct that these transformations are applied both to [[...]] and
to what is given in a URI with the 'n=...' argument?

As for what transformations are actually desired, I think that might
depend on the language/culture.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr