[Pmwiki-users] Creating Groups

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 19 14:57:43 CST 2005

> I had read the Documentation Index, etc., many times and reviewed it
> again last night. You might want to make this point clearer by adding
> something like:
>
> It is highly recommended that if you are creating a site with more than
> one group you will probably want to give every page both a GroupName and
> a PageName using one of the standard formats, such as
> GroupName/PageName.

Where should this go in the documentation?  Perhaps somewhere on
the links page?

> Regardless, it seems that most of my lower-level pages were named
> properly so all I have to do is correct the Sidebar and the Open Catalog
> home page.

Yes, the only place where you need to include the group names is when
the target page appears in a different group.  Of course, this is
almost always true of Main.SideBar, which (by default) appears in any
group that doesn't have its own SideBar.

Would another solution be to include a reminder comment at the
top of Main.SideBar?  For example:

  (:comment Remember that this sidebar page may appear in groups other
     than Main, so you may want to use [[Group/SomePage]] in
     lieu of [[SomePage]] :)