[Pmwiki-users] Creating Groups

Wade Hudson whudson
Wed Jan 19 13:56:04 CST 2005

Thanks much to everyone for being so helpful. I just read everyone's
comments for a second time. It seems clear that I was not remembering
that every page should have both a GroupName and a PageName. For
example, for the Open Catalog, I was using the following:

[-'''[[OpenCatalog | Open Catalog]]'''-]
* [-[[OpenIntroduction | Introduction]]-]
* [-[[OpenHealth | Health]]-]
* [-[[OpenPersonalGrowth | Personal Growth]]-]

I had read the Documentation Index, etc., many times and reviewed it
again last night. You might want to make this point clearer by adding
something like:

It is highly recommended that if you are creating a site with more than
one group you will probably want to give every page both a GroupName and
a PageName using one of the standard formats, such as
GroupName/PageName.

Regardless, it seems that most of my lower-level pages were named
properly so all I have to do is correct the Sidebar and the Open Catalog
home page. I plan to use the following format:

[-'''[[SelectCatalog/HomePage | Select Catalog]]'''-]
* [-[[SelectIntroduction/HomePage | Introduction]]-]
* [-[[SelectHealth/HomePage | Health]]-]
* [-[[SelectPersonalGrowth/HomePage | Personal Growth]]-]
[-'''[[OpenCatalog/HomePage | Open Catalog]]'''-]

I won't get to this for another six hours or so, so if anyone sees any
red flags, I'd appreciate further comments. Otherwise, thanks again.

lth?action
=edit
Have I created my groups properly?

Thanks much for any assistance you can provide.

Sincerely,
Wade Hudson