[Pmwiki-users] Gemini Two preview

Hans Bracker design
Wed Jan 19 05:23:08 CST 2005

Hi all,

before finalising and uploading to pmwiki.org  I like to invite you to
have a look and give me feedback on my newest skin creation here:
http://www.flutesong.net/testwiki/Gemini/GeminiTwoSkin
it is installed as the default. Please tell me any problems you may
find, or omissions, or just generally how you like it.

Overview

* This is a development from Gemini. The layout template is table
based, with a header, a left side holding the Side Bar, a main part
with a title bar keeping a left margin, a Right Bar which floats right
and allows the content to flow beside and beneath it, and a full-width
footer.

* The Right Bar is a normal wiki page displayed in a right "floating"
box. It can hold small bits of news or links etc. A $Group.RightBar
page will appear if it exists and there is any content in it.
Otherwise the page Main.RightBar will be used. If no content or no
page exists nothing will show! It is easy to permanently disable it in
gemini.tmpl if it is not wanted.

* The Right Bar can act as the main menu bar, by excluding the
lefthand bar ((:noleft:)), and possibly including the Main.Sidebar
((:include Main.SideBar:) in page Right Bar ). Example is Group One.

* Page actions in the top left corner and the footer are defined
through wiki pages called Page Action and Page Footer. This enables
easy configuration of action buttons and other desired links. It is
also an easy way to hide certain action links. One can have also
custom pages for the action-links in different groups, just create a
Page Footer? and/or Page Action? page in any group. They will
automatically have preference. Read more about this and about
installation on the Apollo Skin page. The top right action bar can be
disabled on any page or group also through a (:noaction:) directive.
(:nofooter:) will hide the actions at the bottom.

* Style switching is made possible through a modular structure and the
inclusion of various css files for different fonts and color schemes.

* The edit window has been maximised for easier work, also the title
displayed acts as a link back to the page view, since the normal title
has been excluded (this is easily configurable). Same modifications to
the history window and the uploads window. Th euploads form has been
changed too to give a long input box for the file selection, since I
never could read the name of the file to be uploaded in the default
box.

* Still in progress: more and better color schemes.

thank you,
 Hans