[Pmwiki-users] New skin available (PhpNet)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 18 11:16:06 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 11:03:01AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 10:52:09AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > The zipped version on the PmWiki site does not contain full folder
> > information - meaning that your install instructions do not work.
> >
> > To use it as it is posted now, a downloader must create a folder in pub/
> > called phpnet/. If they do not do this, the skin files are one level too
> > high in the folder hierarchy, and some unzippers will try to overwrite the
> > PmWiki print/ directory.
> >
> > A better solution would be to post a new zip with a containing phpnet/
> > directory.
>
> An even better solution IMHO, would be to post a new zip with a
> "pub/phpnet/" directory.

Most of the skins have been using plain "skinname/" as the path, and
that seems to work well -- I'd stick with that.  "pub/skins/skinname"
can work also, but somehow I like the simplicity of the one-level
directory.  (I'm not committed to this however, if people want to
switch.)

> Here's another idea that just occurred to me but the complexity factor
> may be too high: what if there were a special directory in which you
> place your tarball or zip file and *pmwiki* unpacks it,  [...]

The file ownerships will be wrong, plus it would require webserver
write permissions into places where there probably should not be
write permissions.  This is the often the case whenever we say "why not
get PmWiki to do it on behalf of the admin...?"