[Pmwiki-users] layout problem with clear:both in page history

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 17 15:34:10 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 09:34:41AM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> Idea: to use a "floatholder" div around the div which use clear:both.
> I used one enclosing <div class='diffbox' > and one
> enclosing <div class='diffrestore'>
> and added:
>    .floatholder { float: left; width: 100%; }
> to $HTMLStylesFmt[] array in paragraph below.
>
> I suggest this solution can be made permanent in the pagerev.php code,
> to help any layout designs using floats.

I've now set this solution up at

   http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff

We can evaluate it in different skins and browsers by adding the
appropriate ?skin= parameter to the end of the url -- e.g.:

  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=lean
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=dropdown
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=gemini
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=lines
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=marathon
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatHistory?action=diff&skin=beeblebrox-gila2

If this group will test the above and let me know the overall consensus,
I can see about making the float change permanent to the history code.