[Pmwiki-users] RecentChanges and author

Andy Little andy
Sat Jan 15 09:56:05 CST 2005

I am just about finished with a new login authorization system for my wiki
that handles all of the authorization bypassing the standard pmwiki auth
processing.  It is a little brute force to meet my personal needs, but it
may be something that others are interested in, so I'll see about
"cookbook-izing" it in the next few weeks.  I'll probably send out a note in
a few days describing the system to see if there is interest.

Anyway, it works great in every way for my purpose, but there is a small
issue with RecentChanges.  I require an author name and set $Author to the
user's login name.  This works great and when using the ~~~ markup the name
is correct and it shows up fine in Page History.  However, the Author is not
showing up in RecentChanges.  On RecentChanges, I can see that earlier
(before new auth system) when I didn't require an author, it worked as
expected - if no author, none shown; if author, shown correctly.  It also
worked after turning on author required.  Then it stopped when I switched on
my new authorization code.

One note that may or may note be of value:  I removed the Author box from my
version of $PageEditFmt, since author was automagically derived, and I
didn't want anyone to change it.

I've also noticed that there is no cookie set to hold the username like
before.  I have my own session processing and expected this to be the case,
but wonder if pmwiki is expecting that cookie to get the user name for
RecentChanges.  I perused the code a bit, but don't have any leads yet.

Thanks,
Andy