[Pmwiki-users] a plea to all custom skin makers

Spam Account Speedxs spam
Wed Jan 12 01:39:48 CST 2005

>> Contains javascript code that uses the UserAgent data to call the
>> proper routine to work with the browser that a user uses.
>

> If you want to support all browsers then you cannot require JavaScript
> because some browsers don't support it and others have it disabled for
> security reasons.
>
> http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Didn't said "require", but could better have said: "if it contains
javascript, then it better should...."
I usually have a link to a non-javascript version of a page when i do
use javascript.
So against the browser-user it's not "use only this" but "choose between
whatever you can handle".
If it will be javascript, then the script will figure out what browser
he uses.

There will always be browsers that are unsupported, but i think most
users are smart enough to figure out the most commonly used ones will be
supported in majority.

And as for the matter palmtop-browser compatability: Most pages on the
internet are palmtop unfriendly.
I will try do something about that when i get my own palmtop from my boss.

 >> half the world is being advised to use anything but MSIE already.

 >Only half?

Okay..

    Browser Statistics Month by Month

2005 	IE 6 	IE 5 	O 7 	Ffox 	Moz 	NN 4 	NN 7
January 	65.4% 	4.5% 	2.1% 	18.7% 	4.1% 	0.3% 	1.1%

Only less than half listens then (or even less) but the amount of IE
users is decreasing slowly according to the stats.

Vince.