[Pmwiki-users] Heading Button and Semantic Structure / Accessibility

Neil Herber nospam
Tue Jan 11 11:54:49 CST 2005

At 2005-01-11  11:46 AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff is rumored to have said:
>Maybe if we had an icon that looked like an outline (that's a lot to
>ask for an icon though) with the various "heading" lines bold relative
>to the rest of the lines in the icon. (i.e., the top line would be bold
>on the h1 button icon, the first section line would be bold on the h2
>button icon, etc.)

The problem with an outline-like icon is that users would see it as some
kind of list and expect to have bullets appear.

Since the header and list markups are the simplest of all, why not just
leave them as characters to be entered and forget about any kind of button?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668