[Pmwiki-users] guiedit buttons and custom skins problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 11 06:30:23 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:20:25AM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> The GUI edit buttons display just fine on the beeblebrox-gila2 skin, but
> they don't work. I highlight the text and when I hit a button, the focus
> moves to the button and nothing happens in the edit window. The buttons
> work exactly as expected with the default skin.

First, my apologies to all for having forgotten the guiedit.js file.
2.0.beta16 is now released with this file included.

In order for the guiedit buttons to work the edit form must contain
a $EditMessageFmt variable, and the <textarea> element must contain
id='edit'  (in addition to the name='edit' that is already there).
The buttons are appended at the end of $EditMessageFmt, and the id='edit'
in the textarea tells the script where to put the additional markup
text.

Some of this may change in the future if/when we find a better way to
handle edit page configuration, but that's how it works for now.