[Pmwiki-users] Re: Modular configurable skin

Tom Holroyd tomh
Mon Jan 10 15:58:01 CST 2005

> By the way, before I spend days and days writing a modular stylesheet,
> is anybody interested in this idea?  I'm hoping that you've all just
> been too busy to digest and reply ...

Well some of us have already spent days and weeks learning and
writing new CSS, and are now loathe to change it.  :-)  Perhaps
it would have been easier with a modular design, but I can
imagine that:

1) It wouldn't have been sufficient anyway (I'm doing a
table-less liquid design, and any sufficiently generic thing is
probably going to use tables, unless you're really good).
the server, decreasing performance.

2) is easy to solve with a script that compiles together the CSS
bits you want, if the design can handle that.  1) is apparently
impossible as long as IE exists.  Some of us are quite happy
creating designs that don't work in IE, since you shouldn't use
it anyway, but others may feel that's not a viable option.