[Pmwiki-users] Using variables in localmap.txt

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Mon Jan 10 11:01:09 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 02:06:04PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> Right now I have something like this in my localmap.txt
> 	Doc     http://some.uri.se/private/doc/
> 	Src     http://some.uri.se/private/src/
> 	Pub     http://some.uri.se/pub/
> which is specific to the URI, but really should just point to the
> site/domain where I've hosted it. Basically it'd be useful to be able to
> write
> 	Doc     {$ThisSite}/private/doc/
> 	Src     {$ThisSite}/private/src/
> 	Pub     {$ThisSite}/pub/
> or something similar.
>
> I'm not sure if this is useful, but I just thought of it and wanted to
> share the idea before forgetting it.

In general it's probably easier to write a cookbook script to
programmatically add entries like this into the InterMap tables
rather than try to do variable substitutions from the intermap.txt/
localmap.txt files.