[Pmwiki-users] Re: What's new replacement for ThisGroup:?

chr@home.se chr
Mon Jan 10 05:58:26 CST 2005

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> or if you really need the group explicitly specified
>
>     A link to [[{$Group}/some page]]

I think the original reason I had to use ThisGroup:... was so that
appending ?action=edit worked. Now you can just use the pagename as you
answered below.

>     Click [[PageList?action=edit | here to edit PageList]]
>
> > * What's the recommended replacement for
> > 	Click [[ThisSite:Main.PageList?action=edit here to edit PageList]]
>
>     Click [[Main.PageList?action=edit | here to edit PageList]]

But what if I really want to go to a URI that's relative this site? Right
now I have this markup:

	[[ThisSite:/pub/wiki/pmwiki.php/SMCv1/SMCv1 |"SMCv1" wiki]]

that goes to a "public" wiki.

> > Should 'ThisGroup' etc be found and handled by the automatic conversion
> > scripts?
>
> I couldn't think of a way to do it well, but I'll work on it if we
> really need it (you're only the second person to comment on this).
> Or, instead of converting the links, I may just provide cookbook
> recipes to handle ThisGroup:, ThisSite:, etc.

A cookbook extension could be used as a workaround for a while when
upgrading.

I've unfortunately used 'ThisGroup' and 'ThisSite' extensively, probably
because I had to back in v0.6 or something. However, I frequently find it
useful to be able to create URI:s that are relative to 'ThisSite'.

Similarly I suspect it's useful to have something that basically points to
pmwiki.php (ThisWiki, ThisScript?). Or is that concept superceded by
farm-thinking?

Maybe ThisDomain (or {$Domain} or {$ThisDomain}) could be useful
replacements?

/C

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr