[pmwiki-users] Anyone interested in helping test FGS?

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Sun Feb 27 09:22:16 CST 2005

John Feezell schrieb:
> The features of FGS are
> stilling changing so it will require you to replace the FGS code on your
> setup as I complete work on the modifications.  The code that makes FGS
> 'work' is all in one file so this will mean that you just replace the
> old FGS php file with a new one.

no problem, for testing I'll create some test-forms but I won't use them
in other envir's that for testing. I did the same during the test of
Ciaran's pmwikidraw and this way of testing was quite ok.

> As to the differences between wikiforms and FGS, well there are many.
> They represent two approaches to using forms with PmWiki.  Perhaps you
> can help identify and document the difference since I understand from
> your prior post that you will be installing both.  Your observations
> both of them would undoubtedly be helpful to others.
ok.

> Since the revised FGS uses CSS to style the form, could you give me a
> little bit about your knowledge of CSS.
well medium - not a guru, e.g. haven't handled a lot with
position-attributes yet. Know how to use tags / child-tags / classes /
id's ect
I know most of the std attributes (fonts, colors, border etc) and I
already handled with different media-types (@screen, @print) etc
(I think the rest I can read and learn)

> The steps I'd like to follow in preparing for the 'official' release of
> FGS are:
> * you and perhaps one or two others install FGS and give me feedback
> about the process.
hopefully more than me :-) So I can already start with the version on
the cookbook-page ?
> * those in the test group define a first form on their installation -
> again with more feedback, questions, etc.
> * I incorporate the test groups comments into the documentation for FGS
> * beta release of FGS is posted to PmWiki in the cookbook.
>
> If you're interested in getting a pre-pre-release of FGS working you can
> look over my shoulder  at  <http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/HomePage>.
> If you'd like to experiment with your own form at this site, just open a
> new page and design your own using the other (Design - ) pages as
> models.  Please remember that is a very unstable site.  If you would
> like you can leave me comments at the site.  I think you'll see how that
> works when you visit the site.

I'll first finish the beta23-installation, but if there is time I
certainly will.

Ah, yes: my environment(s):
- local site: w2k SP4, Apache 1.3.27, php 4.3.5
- ISP: Red Hat, Apache 1.3, php 4 (further details will follow)

Knut