[pmwiki-users] Proposed change to password memorization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 24 09:51:53 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 07:18:00AM -0800, steven_leite at kitimat.net wrote:

> There might be times where the administrator wants to set/change passwords
> in groups/pages withOUT actually logging out.  So it seems to me the
> ?action=logout might be a better solution (and less work too).

?action=logout by itself isn't sufficient, because then the administrator
has to realize that he/she needs to logout in order to lose the passwords.
(In the scenario I gave in my original message, the admin would still
be confused about why the password "didn't take".)

> I'd like to see he login/logout links as "pluggable" for the template in
> the same way that the edit this page, link and others are easily placed in
> to the template.

One can always add them into the template.  Trying to make them
automatically appear and disappear in every skin/menu is beyond
the scope of what I want to do now.