[pmwiki-users] using email spam filters on wiki edits?

Fábio Reis Cecin fcecin at inf.ufrgs.br
Wed Feb 23 09:39:05 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 12:01:36PM -0300, Fábio Reis Cecin wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>Like many wikiadmins these days, I'm currently fighting
>>wikispam with edit passwords.
>

> Have you tried the urlapprove.php approach yet?  It works
> great on pmwiki.org, and I haven't had to add a lot of edit passwords.

No, I wasn't aware of it! Actually, I saw it mentioned a lot on
the list one of these days, but I somehow didn't associate "URL
approving" with "spam fighting". (duh!)

great idea. links are the "goal" of wikispam, and URL filtering
should solve it (excluding vandalism which doesn't need
links. maybe vandalism by an enraged ex-wiki-spammer.. hmm... ;-)

I'll try it soon (I'm also pending an upgrade to pmwiki 2...)

Thanks!

Fabio