[pmwiki-users] PmWiki ver 1

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 23 08:07:02 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 05:37:46AM +0100, EuGeNe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1- I have been playing with PmWiki ver 1 for some time ... love it! I
> was wondering if version 1 was still developped or if PM is dedicating
> all his efforts to PmWiki v 2?

I still perform bugfixes and answer questions for ver 1, but nearly
all new development is taking place with ver 2.

> 2- I wanted to be able to display the result of a PHP function I wrote
> that is returning HTML formated results in PmWiki. I created a markup to
> call that function, etc. it works! Made me realized that there could be
> a generic need for a standard markup ([? ?] for example) that would take
> a PmWiki-admin defined PHP function and display it's output. Anyone
> interested in such things?

In general, most people create specific markup for each PHP function
to be accessed.  Since the administrator already needs to specify
which functions are available to be called (and what parameters need
passing), it seems that registering each one individually works out
best.

Or stated another way, in ver 2 the standard markup for calling
PmWiki-admin defined PHP functions is (: :) .  :-)