[pmwiki-users] Periodically clear WikiSandbox?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 17 12:53:08 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:26:14PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> >Now available at  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AutoRestore .
>
> It is unclear to me how this works.
>
> Does the "autorestore" actually replace the wiki.d version of the page with
> the wikirev.d/ version? If so, that means that any experiments authors have
> tried will be wiped out, and will not be visible in history.

Yes, autorestore currently wipes the history as well.

> I was hoping that there would be a facility which deleted all of the
> contents of the page and replaced it with a "this page is erased every x
> minutes" message. Authors could still see past experiments by using history.

That's a bit trickier, but I might be able to do it.  Perhaps as an
option.

One issue is that such "auto revisions" could end up with strange
author and IP addresses in the page's history, since the revision
happens silently as a result of someone browsing the page.