[pmwiki-users] Noobie Qs

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Tue Feb 15 12:38:12 CST 2005

Doug

As a relative newbie myself, I think I can safely say that you can post any
kind of question here. One of the problems I had initially was finding
existing documentation because it was "hidden" in spots where I did not
expect to find it. If enough newbies mention that topic "X" would be easier
to find if it was in group "Y" or called something else, that can only help
to improve the documentation.

As for things being difficult, PmWiki is dead simple as long as you don't
start fooling around with PHP code, something that most admins would never
have to do. I looked at about 8 different wikis before settling on PmWiki
as the best combination of ease of use and power. I have documented some of
my comments here: http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Main/WikiEngines .
Note that these are my personal comments, based on my specific needs.

At 2005-02-15  12:20 PM -0600, Doug is rumored to have said:
>Maybe I can turn this into a win-win situation. Is it okay to ask
>questions (on this list)--simple startup questions? Perhaps I can return
>the favor by contributing to a new or existing PmWiki-based STARTUP page
>to which all noobies can refer?
>
>I guess I need some hand-holding until I get the hang of things. There
>seems to be a *LOT* to learn.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/