[pmwiki-users] Problems with accentuated letters

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 15 08:54:35 CST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 03:34:21PM +0100, Serge Stinckwich wrote:
> after an intrusion in our web site, the admin of my university
> reinstall our web server and my PmWiki installation doesn't work
> anymore. I have some problems with the accentuated letters in page
> name. Look here for the front page of my Wiki :
> http://www.iutc3.unicaen.fr/mad/pmwiki.php
> Wiki name with these letters doesn't work anymore ...
> For example : WikiBac?Sable
>
> I'm using PmWiki 1.0.9, a Linux server with PHP 4.3.10 and Apache 1.3.33
>
> Do you have any ideas ?

It looks to me as though the Linux internationalization/locale settings
on your server has changed somehow, since it's no longer recognizing
accented characters as letters (and therefore isn't seeing the WikiWords
correctly).

Which version of Linux?

Can you set $EnableDiag=1; in your local/config.php?