[pmwiki-users] Re: Unclear which 'restore'-link to press when restoring a page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 14 11:15:40 CST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:50:04PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > is *not* the important point of the operation (nor have I heard of any
> > authors who were greatly confused by this).
>
> Although not *greatly* confused, it does surprise me (pleasantly) almost
> every time I do it (which isn't that often I admit).

<off-topic>

While surprises in software are generally avoided, as in the "principle
of least surprise", pleasant surprises are extremely useful as a
marketing and customer satisfaction technique (noted in
Pine and Gilmore's "The Experience Economy").

PmWiki is deliberately designed to stage a variety of pleasant surprises,
starting with the one that hopefully occurs when a new wiki administrator
downloads PmWiki and is able to get it running in a very short time
(typically less than five minutes).  :-)