[pmwiki-users] page naming oddity or bug

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Feb 10 10:28:25 CST 2005

At 2005-02-10  10:14 AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Yes and no.  When doing the search PmWiki is likely finding
>Main.WikiSandBox in wiki.d/ and it's finding Main.WikiSandbox in
>wikilib.d/, so it does its case-sensitive comparison and thinks they're
>two separate pages.  However, whenever someone requests the sandbox
>page (in any letter case), it'll always grab the wiki.d/ version because
>Windows treats both "Main.WikiSandbox" and "Main.WikiSandBox" as being
>valid names for the file in wiki.d/.
>
>In short, Main.WikiSandbox is "special" only because there's a version
>of the page distributed in wikilib.d/ .
>
>Try deleting the sandbox page (in wiki.d/) and the double-entry should
>disappear.

Aha! This does work (although I presume you meant for me to delete the page
in wikilib.d/).

It also explains why I have seen double entries for:
         Main.HomePage      Main.Homepage
         Main.SideBar      Main.Sidebar
         Main.WikiSandbox  Main.WikiSandBox

because they all exist in  wikilib.d/  as well.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668