[pmwiki-users] searching inside attachments

Noel Llopis nll_pub at convexhull.com
Tue Feb 8 22:10:01 CST 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 12:20, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Well, since I don't want to write my own search indexer and engine,
> it'd be better to integrate one that already exists somewhere.  Swish-e
> is a candidate -- any others that people would like to see?

I agree that having a good search engine would be great.

As a random thought, how about Google Desktop? You can tell it to limit its
searches to the set of attachment directories, or even to the whole wiki.d
directory. I think it could work quite well (assuming you're running on
Windows, like I'm unfortunately doing for my company wiki).

--Noel
Games from Within
http://www.gamesfromwithin.com