[pmwiki-users] link markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 7 14:42:27 CST 2005

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Links .

> Any tipps ?

Cookbook:Cookbook is an InterMap link.  As distributed "Cookbook:"
becomes http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ plus whatever comes after
the colon.

Parentheses in links cause that portion of the link name to not
be displayed, thus [[(Cookbook:)Cookbook]] is a link to Cookbook:Cookbook
but displays as "Cookbook".  Similarly [[wiki administrator(s)]]
is a link to WikiAdministrators but displays as "wiki administrator".

Both of these have existed since before 2.0.devel1.  :-)

Pages in the PmWiki group on pmwiki.org use [[Cookbook:SomePage]] in
preference to [[Cookbook.SomePage]] because the pages may end up in
the distributed documentation, and the Cookbook: link will correctly
link to pmwiki.org's cookbook.