[pmwiki-users] Re: draft/Subpageish stuff (was: Re: Question about HTML output for link targets)

pyg_listes pyg_listes at exiup.com
Sat Feb 5 09:39:25 CST 2005

> I think that items such as revision levels or status should be treated
> as page attributes. Currently, the only attributes used for pages are
> passwords. But it makes perfect sense to me that a page attribute
> (revision level) could be "just started", "draft", "under revision",
> or "complete". I am sure that admins will want to use their own terms
> for these states, and they may want more or fewer levels. The big
> question for me is "how does an author set this attribute?", and the
> only answer that comes to mind is that there would be radio buttons on
> the edit form that would allow the author to select the revision level.

Oh, sure !
I just didn't thinked we could use attribute !
I vote that the "idea of the week" goes to Neil at this time ;)
That would be *really* great, cause I think it would ease the use of
some directives to get back the status of a given page.
Somtehing like (:status Softs/OpenOffice :) returning something like :
"Status of Softs/OpenOffice is Draft and last modified by pyg on 04 Feb
2005 at 16:23"

> I am sure that admins will want to use their own terms for these
> states, and they may want more or fewer levels.

Yes of course, maybe we could use some "reference numbers" with
customisation in XLPage
'Status1' => 'Todo"
'Status2' => 'Just started"
etc
So, an admin could define his own status list, eg: 'Status7' => 'Draft :
less than 50% done" or something like this.

I would kill for this ! ;)

> the only answer that comes to mind is that there would be radio
> buttons on the edit form that would allow the author to select the
> revision level

I totally agree that it should be displayed on edit form, but if we use
some "reference numbers", admin should also define it as drop-down menu
(take less space on page, especially with large number of items).

May I open this as a PITS entry ?

pyg