[pmwiki-users] Re: draft/Subpageish stuff (was: Re: Question about HTML output for link targets)

Menachem Shapiro menachem.shapiro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 10:51:46 CST 2005

B"H
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 07:44:07 -0500, Neil Herber <nospam at mail.eton.ca> wrote:

> >I haven't followed this discussion in detail, but I suspect ':' is a no-no
> >on windoze filesystems...
>
> According to the Windoze docs:
>
>         File names cannot contain the following characters:   \ / : * ? "
> < > |.

You may end up running into the same problem anyway, but what about a
series of characters. The one that comes to mind is a couple of
underscores. The odds of anyone putting 3 underscores in row is
minimal.

As an aside, when I use sed to replace spaces in file names, I use
something like __-_-__ to replace the space and then replace it with a
space when I am done. I figure that lessens the odds of accidentally
replacing part of the file name.

Menachem

> Neil
>
> Neil Herber
> Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
> Eton Systems, 15 Pinepoint Drive, Nepean, ON, Canada K2H 6B1
> Tel: (613) 829-4668

Are you interested in using Linux?
Download Libranet 2.8.1 for free and try it out.
http://www.libranet.com/trial_download.html