[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Dare I edit the page? (Was: suggestion for continuously improving...

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Feb 4 03:57:09 CST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Yes, if we're just setting $EditMessageFmt directly.  But a sophisticated
> enough local configuration or cookbook script would be sufficient to
> manipulate $EditMessageFmt based on author settings.  The problem with
> "author-based" manipulation is that it becomes tedious to set the message
> on every page (i.e., there needs to be a way to do it for a set of pages).

Hang on... what do you mean by 'author-based'?   (In this case I'd like
the setting to be page dependent, i.e. different for different pages). Or
do you with 'author-based' mean that authors can manipulate the setting?
(At first I thought you meant that this would show up differently
depending on who the person is).

/Christian