[pmwiki-users] how to define own sidebar for edit-modus ?

Hans design at flutesong.net
Fri Feb 4 03:09:04 CST 2005

Friday, February 4, 2005, 8:36:36 AM, Knut wrote:
> I want to define an own edit-sidebar that means when openeing a page for
> editing, I want to get another sidebar.

> any ideas for a simple solution ? (is there any (:if:) condition for that ?)

I don't know if this is simple, but it works.
Since the sidebar is loaded via the skin template I suggest you make a
copy of your skin folder, call it something like 'editskin', then edit
the tmpl file to replace  <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar Main.SideBar-->
with <!--wiki:$Group.EditBar Main.EditBar-->
and place in config.php
  if ($action=='edit') $Skin= 'editskin';

this will load EditBar instead of SideBar when action=edit.
Create EditBar as your custom edit sidebar.

Best,
~Hans