[pmwiki-users] Re: Question about HTML output for link targets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 2 15:55:42 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 06:43:08PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > Whenever I've set PmWiki to default $ScriptUrl to not include
> > the http://, something has always broken on someone's server somewhere.
> > Thus I prefer to keep the default robust and let others tune it as
> > appropriate.
>
> Well, I just find something that broke when setting $ScriptUrl to ''. The
> mailposts now don't show the URI for the page that's been changed...

Oh yeah -- *that's* one of the reasons I went ahead and switched back
to absolute URLs.   :-)

The other solution is to change the setting of $MailPostItemFmt to place
the http://.... in front of $ScriptUrl.

> Maybe we should have to variables for referring to the 'script'? One that
> always uses an external link and one that can be a relative link?

Perhaps.  I'm not a big fan of separate variables for basically the
same thing, as one has to then explain the difference.  But perhaps
$ScriptHostUrl would be a useful synonym.