[pmwiki-users] CMS Behavior in AuthUser . . .

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 10:20:16 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 10:03:53AM -0600, Ben Wilson wrote:
> I think I've found an answer to a question some have asked about how
> to incorporate something like "CMS Like" for AuthUser. In all
> probability, this has been discussed ad infinitum, but in case it was
> not.
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUserCMSLike

Cool.  Some comments:

* In the Site.CMSMenu page...
    - The first (:if:) can be eliminated
    - It's not clear what $UACEdit, $UACAdmin, etc. are supposed to be

* Pages in the Site group are normally protected against editing
  except by admins, so I don't think the Site.CMSMenu page needs
  its own protection.  It should just inherit the protections of
  the Site group.

* To do localization, just put $[...] around any text you want
  to be localizable.

> PM, it would be nice if we also had the ability to if-then off the
> user's group(s). Is that an easy feature?

I'm thinking it might not be too difficult, although I wish
we could re-use (:if authid:) for it and not have to create
a new conditional.  Perhaps it would work if we did:

    (:if authid alice:)       -- user is authenticated as "alice"
    (:if authid *:)           -- user is authenticated (any username)
    (:if authid:)             -- user is authenticated (any username)
    (:if authid @editors:)    -- user is in @editors group