[pmwiki-users] Security for uploaded files (continued)

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Wed Dec 21 11:07:30 CST 2005

ons 2005-12-21 klockan 11:00 -0600 skrev Tegan Dowling:
> The single (known to me) exception to this is the case where I want to
> specify a background image for some part of the site (header, body,
> etc) in the skin's .css file via a line like
> background: url("/uploads/Site/image.jpg");

You'll need to go through pmwiki. The easiest way is to add a markup
somewhere that attaches the file (in say, Site.Site):

Attach:image.jpg

and the view the page, right-click on the image, and copy the *location*
of the image. That location should be reused in your css.

So, the URL would look like:

http://example.com/wiki/Site/Site?action=download&upname=image.jpg

You'd use either the whole URL in your css, or just

/wiki/Site/Site?action=download&upname=image.jpg

/Mikael
--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose