[pmwiki-users] Home Pages in (:pagelist:)s

Martin Fick fick at fgm.com
Fri Dec 16 13:44:31 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 01:23:48PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:14:18PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> >
> > What if we have a default template page defined in config.php (which
> > defaults to Site.ListTemplates or something)? Then if no page is
> > specified, the default is used. Then we could do:
> >
> >      (:pagelist template=#titles :)
> >      (:pagelist template=OtherPage#titles :)
> >      (:pagelist template=OtherGroup.Page#titles :)
> >      (:pagelist template=AnotherPage :)
> >      (:pagelist template=SomeGroup.Page :)
>
> Somehow "template=" strikes me as being wrong and too much to type,
> although it is descriptive of what is happening.  But somehow I
> think I'd rather hide everything under "fmt=", and give the
> admin the ability to specify custom mappings.

:)

  Since it was a recipe I was trying to avoid trampling on anyone's
feet.  The simpler and the more integrated, the better!

  Another advantage is that this allows migration off of the
old recipe without interfering with it (I think).

> Thus, the argument
> to "fmt=" can be a pagename, a pagename+anchor, an anchor selecting
> a section from Site.PageListTemplates, or any other phrase that
> the admin chooses to implement as an alias (e.g., to select among
> several FPL functions as it does now).

Now you really have made :

     (:pagelist fmt=bygroup :)

  AS simple as:

     (:pagelist fmt=ByGroup :)

while maintaining backwards compatability!!

  While we're on the topic of anchors, how exactly would the sections
be defined?

  [[#anchor]]
  [[#anchorEnd]]

  -Martin