[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Blog proposal

Ryan R. Varick rvarick at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:19:01 CST 2005

On 12/15/05, Martin Fick <fick at fgm.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 12:55:36PM -0500, Ryan R. Varick wrote:
> > Sure!  It looks a little like this:
> > http://www.ryanvarick.com/testing/pmwiki-2.0.13/index.php?n=Blog.Archive
> >

>   Wow, that's pretty neat.  It seems like a visualization
> like that would be nice for any wiki content.  Is this
> written in a generic way somehow?  Imagine having a custom
> RecentChanges page with a calendar like that.  Could this
> become a pagelist output?  Then it could even be used for
> trails!

It's actually pretty simple, and hardly unique to KOB.  It comes from
WikiCalendar, and, I think PmCalendar.

Since entries are in YYYYMMDD format, it's very easy to construct a
month.  For December, start your counter at 20051201, and count up,
creating a new link for each day.  PmWiki takes care of whether the
link exists or not.

Since PageList is apparently date-aware, I see no reason why this idea
couldn't be applied throughout the wiki.  I hadn't thought about
RecentChanges -- that sounds interesting!

Ryan