[pmwiki-users] Re: Blog proposal

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 14:55:30 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:45:46PM -0500, Martin Fick wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:29:49PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 09:04:26PM +0100, Mikael Nilsson wrote:
> > > "Planets" (though limited to one installation)! Does pagelist support
> > > merging trails?
> >
> > Not at the moment, although it could:
> >
> >     (:pagelist trail=TrailPage1,TrailPage2,TrailPage3 :)
>
>   Yikes, better not have any pages on more than one of these
> trails. :)  What would be the natural order?  I guess for
> blogs,  it would be dates; and you could strip out
> duplicates.

In the absence of any other details (an order= argument),
the natural order of pages on trails is the sequence
in the trail.  So a page on more than one trail would likely
appear twice in the list (arguably this is correct).  But
doing a sort or other filter can probably fix that.

>   This still leaves the issue of marking up page which is
> apart of more than one trail.  Have there been any thoughts
> about either including DynamicWikiTrails for this, or some
> other suggestion on how to do this nicely?

You mean besides having multiple trail markups on the page?
(This is my preferred solution.)