[pmwiki-users] Re: Blog proposal

Mikael Nilsson mini at nada.kth.se
Thu Dec 15 14:04:26 CST 2005

tor 2005-12-15 klockan 11:47 -0500 skrev Waylan Limberg:
> > I'm curious -- does it matter?  Why make a distinction between "blog
> > pages" and "normal wiki pages"?
>
> Yeah, i've seen blog entries where the author treated it as a wiki
> page edited only by the author - to support some peice of software or
> something. I say its doesn't matter.

Interesting - this makes it possible for posts to "migrate" into being
documentation. I think that is a good thing, even great! It also brings
up the issue of modifying posts after the fact. Given the history
feature of Pmwiki, that is also a non-issue. Nice!!! (Few blog packages
I'm aware of support either of these... killer!).

> A few different ideas I have:
> * Groups of 2005, 2006, 2007... Each group contains all the blog
> entries for that year. Great for organizing archives

So you'd post to (stupid example)

(:blog Blogs.{$Year}:) ? Cool...

> * or perhaps each author has their own Group for their respective
> blog. The blog trails would be "Pm.Blog", "Alice.Blog" and "Bob.Blog",
> where "Alice.SomeEntry" would be a post by Alice and
> "Bob.AnotherEntry" would be by Bob. Then perhaps "Site.Blog" would use
> a list to display the latest post's of all authors combined.

"Planets" (though limited to one installation)! Does pagelist support
merging trails?

> The point is, this leaves things open for possabilites, and I'm sure
> it wouldn't be to difficult for a site admin to add a few restrictions
> to enforce a certain format for that site. What I like is that you can
> organize your blog your way, amd I can set up my blog my way.

Absolutely right. Supports all the flexibility of wikis, but presented
as blogs.

/Mikael
--
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose